Transport in Jamnagar
Bus Service in Jamnagar
The transport network in the city Jamnagar, Gujarat is well built and is in the process of betterment. National highway NH-8 passes through the district which is connected to Somnath to Porbandar and to Dwarka. The district is well connected by road to Ahmedabad (313km), Gandhinagar (337km), Vadodara (382km), Vapi (638km), Palanpur (459km), Rajkot (88km) etc. You can board lavish Volvo busses of Patel Travels or Eagle Travels at 400 rupees. ST buses depart hourly to Rajkot and every 30 minutes to Junagarh and other places like Dwarka, Porbandar etc.
Railway Transport in JamnagarJamnagar is easily approachable through railway tracks to many other districts of the state like Surat, Porbandar, Rajkot, Ahmedabad and Vadodara. The district has national highways running to major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, Uttaranchal, Varanasi, etc. Hapa junction is a convenient rail head on broad gauge terminus connecting to Okha and Porbandar.
Airport and Shipyard Ports in Jamnagar
There is one domestic airport connecting the city to rest of India. The airport is located 10 km from the city, connecting this district to Mumbai and Bhuj (Gujarat). The 355 km coastline in the district consists of 9 ports. Okha, Bedi, and Sikka are major ports while Jodiya, Salaya, Bet (Dwarka) and Pidara are minor ports. Bedi port is connected by broad gauge railway lines with the rest of the country. The nearest railways station to this port in Jamnagar, which is about 7 km away from the port.
Local Transport in JamnagarIf a person wants to move around the city, there are various options like buses, auto rickshaws, taxi and even using own bicycle. Here are the details:
- The city has excellent bus service and most of the buses are available from near the Town hall. The state transport buses connect Jamnagar to all Villages and cities of Gujarat. An important bus depot is St Bus depot.
- Auto rickshaw is the most preferred mode of transport for the locals. A person should fix the fare before getting in the auto rickshaw as the prices vary for different locations. It is cheap as it starts from rupees 7 to 15 within the town limit depending on the distance traveled.
- A taxi is usually preferred for long distance travel. Again it is advisable to fix the fares before starting while traveling in the taxi.
- Cycling in the city is a wonderful experience. Almost all the places in the city can be reached using the bicycle, but one should remember to wear a face mask is he or she wants to protect itself from the pollution.
- The next best option is a scooter or a motorbike.
- There are no metro facilities in the town.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0