Eating Outlets in Jamnagar
city which has something for everyone.
Jamnagar Restaurants: An Overview
Jamnagar is a food lover’s paradise with cuisines designed to cater to every taste and budget. From swanky restaurants to street food joints selling everything from authentic Gujarati cuisine to continental food, the city has all. Street food in Jamnagar is unique and a true food lover is spoilt for choice. Major street food stalls sell savoury Gujarati snacks like gathia, bhajiya, pakwan, ghugra, dhikla, dabeli bread, katka bread, ras patra, dhukla and khandvi.
Swanky Restaurants of JamnagarApart from street food Jamnagar is home to a variety of swanky restaurants serving a wide range of Indian and continental cuisine. With the economic boom driven by the oil industry, there has been a spurt in the number of good quality restaurants. Some of the more notable ones are:
- 7 Seas Restaurant: A theme based restaurant serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food including a good choice of sea food.
- Hotel Swati: Primarily a vegetarian restaurant serving a wide range of Indian and continental dishes
- Madras Hotel: A popular joint serving good quality south Indian food.
- Fresh Point: A popular eatery serving Indian and Continental dishes.
In addition to the above, the following names are also well-known for their quality food:
- Born-A-Party Restaurant, Panchvati, Jamnagar
- Jeel Restaurant, Palace Road, Jamnagar
- New Aram Restaurant, P. N. Marg, Jamnagar
- President Restaurant, near Town Hall, Jamnagar
- Rangoli Restaurant, near Anupam, Jamnagar
- Swagat Restaurant, Club Road, Jamnagar
- Toran Restaurant, Indira Marg, Jamnagar
- Urvee Restaurant, Super Market, Jamnagar
Sweet Corners in Jamnagar
The Sweet corners & Fast Food Corners are equally thronged by foodies!Visitors with sweet tooth can try out the peda, mesub, barfi, gulab jamun, anjeer pak and rasmalai. Jamnagar is home to famous sweet shops among which shops like HJ Vyas, Shrikhand Samrat, Travadi Sweets and Valabhdas Pedawala are notable for their superior quality. With the economic boom, a number of global and Indian fast food joints have opened shop on the city. Fast food chains like Subway are now readily available. Apart from their signature dishes, these chains have adapted the local cuisine to reach out to a wider set of people.
Popular Shops Selling 'Paan'
One of the unique food traditions of Jamnagar is the city’s fondness for the betel leaf (known as ‘Paan’). Some of the popular shops selling ‘paan’ or betel leaf preparations are Manoobhai Paanwala, N.D. Paanwla and Bajrang Paan. Most of the ‘paan’ shops sell various concoctions of the ‘paan’ using a mixture of ingredients like betel nuts, cardamom, cloves, coconut, jellied fruit, dates and in some cases tobacco.Food is an integral part of any culture and for Jamnagar residents, food play a key ingredient in day to day lives. The unique cuisine native to the city and the surrounding areas are a treat for food enthusiasts. Living up the reputation are the restaurants, street eateries and cafes where variety is the order of the day and every service is accompanied with a smile.