Home city guide consumer court in jamnagar

Consumer Court in Jamnagar

A consumer may have just cause for complaint in case of defective services or defective goods. The first step is to approach the provider of such services or goods. In case the response is not satisfactory the consumer can take his grievance to local consumer protection forums. In large cities you can access government designated consumer protection forum or even have access to privately operated consumer protection organizations that take up the matter on your behalf to resolve the issue. Service providers as well as manufacturers make certain promises that they are bound to fulfill in lieu of payments and as such, are bound by the contract. However, it is not uncommon for such suppliers to try and wriggle out of their responsibilities citing some escape clauses in their terms and conditions. A consumer needs to be aware that there are specific laws protecting his interest and such laws override whatever terms and conditions a service provider or supplier of goods may draw up and try to push across as legal.

Consumer Court in Jamnagar

Legal System for Consumer Acts in Jamnagar

Jamnagar is a growing city, not on the same scale as metros and as such it does not have private organizations engaged in consumer protection rights activities. A consumer here is protected by Law and he can approach the Jamnagar District Forum, opposite Juna Railway Station in Jamnagar (phone 0288 2552977) and file his case with documentary evidence in support. The Government of India enacted the Consumer Protection Act 1986. Under Chapter II, section 7, State Consumer Protection Councils are set up comprising of the Collector of the district and officials designed to assist him. The Jamnagar District Forum is one such organization assigned the responsibility of consumer rights protection. A consumer may file a complaint against an individual, a dealer or trader, a service provider and even against organizations such as BSNL if he can prove he has sufficient grounds for so doing and that he has documents in support.

The Consumer Redressel Forum

In Jamnagar you can also approach the Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum at 4 Jilla Seva Sadan, Rajkot Highway (phone: (0288) 25772400) between 10.30 AM to 6 PM from Mondays to Saturdays and file a complaint for redressal of grievances. A complaint may pertain to unfair trade practices, defective goods, deficiency of service, overcharging and hazardous goods or services that may be life threatening. Complaint needs to be filed in the District Forum that has jurisdiction in areas where the complainant and the opposing parties are located and the location where the cause of action has arisen. Value of complaint should not exceed Rs. 20 lakhs. For value between Rs. 20 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore the complaint needs to be filed with the State Commission. If the value exceeds Rs. 1 crore then the complaint goes to the National Commission.

How to Submit Grievances or Complaints

The complaint must have name, description and address of both parties, facts relating to the complaint, documents in support, reliefs sought and must bear the signature of the complainant. Forms are to be used and these are to be filed along with fees according to the value of the complaint. There is a two year time limitation for filing a complaint. After that the complaint may be accepted subject to satisfying certain requirements and showing adequate grounds. The designated period for disposal of cases is between 90 and 150 days. If laboratory testing is required the period may be extended to 150 days otherwise 90 days is the usual period.

If you have a grievance, do not sit still, approach the district forum and get relief and quick resolution.

2839
  • TWEET THIS
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - Consumer Court in Jamnagar

Loader
  • v
    vahidujjma from jamnagar 528 Days ago

online froud hua hia mere paas call aya apko towar lagwana hai maine ha bola form mail kiya bhar ke sabmit karo kiya khushnama anjum naam se fees 5500 rofand hoga diya phir 25500.41600.49950.20000rstotal142500 liya mob no8017297717 rohit shukla and8017297533 a.c no 31705657433 dinesh kumar patro cod0010318 global india towars ke naan ki company bol rha tha koi company nabi hai my no 9558084748 pls help me

• v
    vahidujjma from jamnagar 528 Days ago

• K
    KRRAJPUT from JAMNAGAR 540 Days ago

Jio recharge is not done.amount is deducted from my Bank .

• K
    Kamal kumar from Jamnagar 744 Days ago

Sir main ghar se return ho raha tha jab main khadki duala toltax gurgram per tha tab meri car ke aage khade track peehe aagya or meri swift dizer se laga or meri car peehe khadi bus se ja lagi jab main jamnagar atul motor car repir ke liye diya than servior say's ki car front se to repair hogi rear se nahi. Maine kaha aap tol tex ke footage dekhlijiy to kehate h police report karni thi mujhe jamnagar aana tha main police ko 100 per phone kiya tha jiska massage mere paas h please meri helh ker and guide kare

• R
    Raushan Kumar from 9924764239 1041 Days ago

Sir I have purchased a Samsung mobile phone model ON 5 in June 2016 and charging problem occurs in my mobile .when I visited in Samsung care for repair they say that moisture comes in your mobile and ask me to change motherboard of the mobile and charge Rs. 4500 for this .when I tell them that it comes under warranty period ,they replied that water problem not comes under warranty .What should I do please suggest right thing.... Thanks

• I
    INDERMANI SINGH from JAMNAGAR 1415 Days ago

I have purchased a psp sony game rs 2100 and send hathras up by profesinol courier but not recived after 15 days when I contact to courier company he told me that he has lost.i have all bill and courier slip.

j
    jamnagaronline.in Expertfrom 834 Days ago

Hi! Kindly visit consumer court and meet a consumer court lawyer to know how to proceed with the matter.

• Y
    Yogesh from Jamnagar 1538 Days ago

I have purchased some items from Reliance mart at Jamnagar and paid payment by card. The payment is successfully done and got text message from card department but reliance mart not received payment said salesman and taken cash from me. I was talked to credit card department person and he gave me transaction number for payment paid to merchandise. Three days over happen this issue please suggest me

j
    jamnagaronline.in Expertfrom 1378 Days ago

Hi! Kindly visit the consumer court and meet the consumer lawyers to get the details on how to proceed in this case.

• K
    Kirit Popatlal Amrelia from Jamnagar 1667 Days ago

I had made advance booking for my visit to Goa alongwith my family members and relatives to Colmar Beach Resort Colva Beach Goa As per my requirement I had booked 3 AC rooms and accordingly I had paid Rs 7250 00 as advance amount However due to some problem I had cancelled the booking As per company s cancellation policy informed to be by email Rs 500 00 had to be deducted but company has deducted Rs 1500 00 and balance amount has been paid to me I have already informed company for deduction of excess amount However company has took its stand that Rs 1500 00 is to be deducted and no need to refund Rs 1000 00 to me I can produce the company s cancellation policy which has been informed by the company to me through email For information company s name address and email ID is given hereunder Sparrow Tours amp Travels Pvt Ltd 41 42 Dattani Chambers Opp Shantinath Shopping Centre S V Road Malad East Mumbai 400 064 email sales colmarbeachresort net Contact Person Mr Anthony

j
    jamnagaronline.in Expertfrom 1653 Days ago

Hello Mr. Kirit, Please register your issue with us on :

We would like to highlight it by posting on our website.

• A
    Amita from Jamnagar 1694 Days ago

I got cheated a few days ago by a businessman, can somebody tell me how to file a case in the consumer court in Jamnagar?

1 0
    j
    jamnagaronline.in Expertfrom 1625 Days ago

Hi, You might want to register the issue here:
    India Online CJ Program